Saturday, August 09, 2008

:: Melbourne, Revisited ::

Boarded a flight to my great city of memories, Melbourne on July 12th, 2008 with Mommy dearest. At first I thought it was just gonna be mom and I, but turns out that Papa, adeq n Elly also went. The former, of course came along to celebrate MY day, but the two latter(s) came along for a relatively short holiday.



My convocation fell on July 15th, 6.30pm at Camberwell Centre, surrounded by houses, small shops and a small church. The place was just pleasing. The ceremony went so smoothly, despite the fact that none of us graduands were called for any rehearsal prior to the event. They are, I salute, the total experts.


I cried to tears when I found out that Papa was gonna come for the ceremony, purely because I gave away the tickets to Mommy, and my two dear friends, Sally and Claudia. Papa came to my surprise...From far, I could see him smiling...The same smile I saw when I held my Bachelor's scroll back in 2006. The smile filled with joy, pride and fulfillment. I couldn't help but to beg the ticket collectors to let me purchase just ONE additional ticket for my loving father...and so they decided to gave it to me for FREE. I couldn't wait to share my joy that I ran through the crowd, eagerly trying to find Papa, ignoring the fact that I had my robe on and tucked perfectly. As I got to Papa, I was in quite a mess...it didn't cross my mind even on how I looked like, because my heart was just pumping with excitement. Papa indeed, was VERY very happy.



And so, we set a "date" to meet in the hall, me and papa. I've never seen him that ecstatic in my life...he had such a pretty smile, and he held that smile from the minute he arrived til the last time I passed by him upon walking towards the stage. Papa didn't miss a single moment. NOT A SINGLE MOMENT. As I exit the hall with fellow achievers, all I could do was to scan through every corner of the lobby, trying to find Papa.I wasn't too worried about Mommy though, coz she had Sal and Claud sticking by her all the time. Then I felt my phone vibrating...text message from Papa, and 8 missed calls from daddy dearest. Apparently he called to tell me that he had left...and didn't want to "steal" me away from my mother and friends....In his text, he said the most wonderful, heartfelt words a daughter would ever long for.

"E'en, Papa dah balik. I am so proud of you. Every cent of my money, was all worth it. I did not regret spending so much for you because you've made Papa a very proud father. I love you and I miss you very much"

and the text goes on. I burst into tears. After that, it was just endless text messages and calls between me and Papa. The heartache we caused each other just recently, didn't matter at all. Our love and mutual understanding grew so much more than it was before....and i'm glad shit happened, because if it didn't, then I doubt things would turn out this way....

To all; my Papa, Mommy, Kak Tina, Kak Ija, and my dearest friends, thank you, for your endless support, especially when I was at the verge of giving up.


Not to forget Ewa, Eski and Amar. Thank you so much for letting me and mom stay over. Amar, thank you for the 5 star hospitality. We really really appreciate it.


Oh, gambar ni saje je letak. I cooked EVERYTHING ok! :)
It was sort of a "present" dinner for Amar coz he took us everywhere on getting stuff for the house and going around the city. Amar balik2 je "waaaaahhh! lapar, lapar" hahahahahha
Of course, after dinner, me and Amar had our share of Tim Tam. Mine's original, and his is caramel. Oh sedap. Mesti la i curik his sikit kaaann..mane bole elak caramel ok! :P



Dan semestinya, kalau dah sampai Melbourne, haruslah pit-stop at Max Brenner!
hehehehhe...Mommy and I are such chocolate freaks. aaaaaaa rindu!




Anyway, had tons of fun...
I LOVE MELBOURNE!
Posted on by d|aBoL|c e'En | 7 comments

7 testified:

Suri (Bukan Nama Sebenar) said...

E'en, i know its late but congrats babes! You make everyone proud of you seniorku di mmu! hihihi :)

aref khalid said...

i am proud of u babes. u have come a long way since ur mmu days in malacca. u made us seaportians and residents of ss3 in pj proud :)

ps: im sure u will do the same at bmw.

much enthused,
A.

d|aBoL|c e'En said...

reena: thank you so much :) congrats to u too hun! u made it!!! heheheh

boe: boe, sometimes i think u exagerate too much on my achievements, and kinda makes me not want to admit...having said that of course, everything u say comforts me in the most 'kembang hidung' way :) heheheh...

NadZ said...

congratulations een! (hahaha macam la dah lama tak jumpa kan...) ni baru nak update gambarssss....nways chef, i nak ayam masak merah, dan lauk2 yang gempak ok!erm...for my engagement pressie k?hahahahah :) een jadi ketua darjah for kali ni nye makan2 session :) coolness :)

d|aBoL|c e'En said...

waaaaaaahhhh boleh boleh.. tapi bukan utk ur engagement la kan! hehehehhe...ooooo

4 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!
hehehehehe can't wait!!!

Anonymous said...

ceyhhhhhh tape next year i upload plak gamba grad i :p
tu pon kalau i grad!

d|aBoL|c e'En said...

hahahah ey, confidence mesti ade k!
Dott Boleh!
heheheheh